Highway 431 Blog

Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The Republican Debate

I thought that was pretty interesting and my feeling is that Guiliani and Romney both got hammered and Mike Huckabee came out far ahead. Ron Paul didn't hurt himself, but I still think that he has to be seen as a fringe candidate.

Romney certainly did not help himself and Guiliani was probably booed almost as much as he was applauded.

Fred Thompson is irrelevent.

McCain didn't hurt himself and had some great responses to the question of torture.

Tancredo=irrelevance

Ron Paul didn't hurt himself, but he is not going anywhere.

I'm tired and this has been a pretty draining experience. I'll have some more to say about this tomorrow

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ron Paul said that we should give the Iraqi people their country back. I would like the next President to take a stand to give us our country back, to bring our military personel home to protect us and to respect the bill of rights that is also meant to protect us. If we had our rights, we could protect ourselves from anyone who dared threaten us here at home. I think Ron Paul is the person on stage tonight who best understands how liberty works.

Fred said...

Ron Paul scares me with his views on some things such as totally eliminating the IRS, but I agree with his position on bringing the troops home from Iraq. His own party will end up marginalizing his candidacy because he is so much out of the mainstream of the Republican establishment and, no matter what his popular support, his candidacy consists of nothing more than a Quixotic vision of tilting at windmills.

Unfortunately this is true of both parties and will result in Dennis Kucinich once again being marginalized by the same Democratic party that effectively killed the Howard Dean candidacy simply because it was so effective.

We're in for an interesting election cycle and I look forward to many more boos for Guiliani and Romney!