Highway 431 Blog

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Rove Refuses!

Rove, through his attorney, has said that he will not appear before the House judiciary committee on Thursday even though he has been served with a legal subpoena. I just tried to call Artur Davis' office to voice my opinion that Rove should be immediately held in contempt of congress, but I was too late for his office hours. I have resisted calling from work, even on my cell phone, but I will be making the call tomorrow during office hours. I generally try to watch as many of the committee hearings on c-span as I can I have long been impressed with Davis' tenacity in questioning. I'm hoping that he will support a congressional contempt citation against Rove!

Artur Davis' phone number is: (202) 225-2665. Let him know how you feel about this issue since he is the only Congressman representing Alabama on the committee.

As an aside, I happen to own a bit of property in South Carolina and I am not shy about expressing my opinions to the legislative delegation from that state. It helps a bit that I have a cousin in the state legislature!

2 comments:

Tim Spires said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim Spires said...

This is not surprising. Rove and the Bush Administration have proven time and time again that they believe themselves to be above the law. The truly scary aspects of the current Republican reign have come forth in droves recently. This issue has struck home in a rather serious way for me in the case of Sue Schmitz. She is a friend of mine and served as my AP Government teacher at Columbia High School. The way she has been treated is truly appalling. And though Mr. Watson has filed for all charges to be dropped, I do not see that stooge Alice Martin doing so.

I will certainly call Mr. Davis.