Highway 431 Blog

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Let's See ::

Friday I got my first reply from Parker Griffith to an e-mail. I chided Griffith on his stance on the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act and he finally replied although it took far longer than it should have. I'll cut him some slack on this since he's new to the office, but I hope that replies in the future come much quicker.

I finally was able to cut my grass yesterday and today and it felt good to be able to spend time outside. I spent some time at the Wal-Mart and Lowe's garden centers picking up seeds and plants so I have something of a start with some herbs, tomatoes, as well as some flowering plants for the hanging baskets.

Unfortunately it's back to work tomorrow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, what did Griffith say?

Fred said...

Griffith repeated his tired argument that he didn't feel comfortable voting on legislation which had been presented in the previous congress.

From his reply to me:

"I want to make it clear that I believe in equal pay for equal work. However, I voted against this bill because I did not feel comfortable voting on legislation from the last session of Congress. Because the text of this bill was the exact same as a year ago and additional amendments were not considered or allowed to be attached, I was unable to fully participate in the legislative process. Since our nation faces such hard economic times, I wanted to ensure that any legislation we considered provided equal pay for individuals without harming the progression of small businesses."