Highway 431 Blog

Sunday, November 1, 2009

BBQ! ::

My neighbor, Mike, competes in competition BBQ events kinda as a hobby unrelated to his full time commercial plumbing business. His business has been a little slow lately and he has been setting up his smoker at Keller's Grocery just inside Marshall County and selling pulled pork, chicken, ribs, and fixins on the weekends. A couple of weeks ago I got his chicken kabobs for lunch and they were fabulous. Today I got a slab of ribs which were extremely good and which I would highly recommend.

Mike has no web site and does not advertise his BBQ business. He has a phone number, but I'm hesitant to pass it on without his OK so if you happen to be between Huntsville and Guntersville on Hwy 431 and pass by Keller Grocery, just inside the Marshall County line, stop by and try out his food. I'll guarantee that you will not be disappointed and I would further posit that a trip down just pick up some of Mike's cooking would be well worth the trip. He also has cole slaw and tater salad, but I haven't tried those yet. Maybe next weekend!

No comments: