Highway 431 Blog

Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Byrne/Bradley Debate ::

I just finished listening to what was more of a pandering to the republican base rather than a real debate, but what was even more disappointing was the performance of the "journalists" asking the questions. I wish I had recorded this, but I'm sure there will be a transcript up on the web soon. There were many patently untrue replies from both candidates which went unchallenged. The one that stands out the most for me concerns the federal response to the oil spill in the gulf. BP gets all of the press, but the response has truly been international and Exxon and Shell are both very involved in trying to solve the problem. In additon, no international involvement has been turned down and several countries have responded with offers of help and that help has been accepted.

The republicans are truly desperate!

No comments: