Highway 431 Blog

Friday, August 17, 2007

International Space Station Viewing

You can find the latest information on viewing the ISS pass over in your area on the Human Spaceflight web site. An added bonus right now comes with the Space Shuttle Endeavour being docked so the brightness will be enhanced. I have watched Atlantis fly over while attached to MIR, last month I watched the ISS fly by after Atlantis had detached itself and flew by on the same orbit, but several hundred miles (I'm guessing at the distance) behind, and I have often been privileged to watch the ISS fly by itself.

There is nothing to see other than a very bright light moving quickly through the night sky, but I still like to see it go by knowing that we have people living out there in such a hostile environment.

Take a couple of minutes and watch it when you can.

No comments: