Highway 431 Blog

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Spring Fever ::

I left work today with the temperature around 74 degrees and with Daylight Savings Time in effect. I actually started with the spring fever thing a few weeks ago-probably much too early with planting my seedlings, but I couldn't wait. I work in a building with only 2 windows and both of them are in my office. I overwinter some plants there, but this year I started some squash and zucchini seeds. I was more than a little overambitious and most of these plants are ready for transplanting now, but I have yet to begin preparation for a garden and I plan a fairly large one this year.

I realize that we will have at least 2 to 3 more weeks of cold weather, but I am looking forward to my garden! I have some tomato seeds started here at home and I bought a few more today. The ones I have already started are growing very slowly so I'm going to plant some more tomorrow at work.

I hope to fill my freezer this year with much left over for sharing with friends and co-workers!

No comments: