Highway 431 Blog

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Finally, Some Life From The Figures Campaign!

I got this in my inbox yesterday:

As a lifelong committed Democrat and an Alabama State Senator for the past 11 years, I have announced my candidacy for the United States Senate. I Believe that it is time to give this seat back to the people by putting our children, our seniors and our veterans first, providing affordable health care to all Americans and working for a stable economy.

I have been very active over the past few months speaking to many audiences across this great state spreading my message of inspiration and unity. To win the Democratic nomination on June 3, it is imperative that I have the support of people like you who Believe that Alabama deserves better.

Our polling data shows that my campaign will be successful if we are able to raise the necessary funds to get my message out to the voters via literature, yard signs, advertising and other media. Our goal is to raise $500,000 by May 31, 2008. If you can contribute $25, $50, $100 or whatever you can afford, we would be most appreciative.

I ask you to Believe with me that together we can make a difference and give Alabama what it deserves, bold, visionary leadership. Please go to www.actblue.com/page/figures08 and you will be able to donate to my campaign today.

I also would like to ask that you forward this email to everyone in your address book and ask them to do the same. I promise to make you proud when you send me to Washington, D.C. as your next United States Senator from Alabama.


Peace and blessings,

Vivian Davis Figures


I would have preferred that she had begun an active campaign much earlier, but we still have approximately 7 months left until November. I am going to toss a few bucks her way in hopes that she can at least put a scare into the incumbent embarrassment!

Mmmm, I just remembered the Dem spring get-together scheduled for next Saturday at the Depot. Does anyone know whether nor not Figures will be there?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She was there from what I heard. Let's make something happen in this race.

Sessions is an embarassment.

www.figures2008.com