Highway 431 Blog

Sunday, April 27, 2008

Sunday Evening ::

We're having another thunderstorm in south Madison County and, given the tenuousness of our power down here, I expect an outage at any time.

I'm afraid that I missed the Madison County Democratic Reunion yesterday. I got involved with yard work and planting some small trees and the time just got away from me. I checked the time and it was already 2:30 pm. I was disappointed but Mooncat covered the event very well with photographs.

I enjoy planting things and, over the years, I have found that I'm pretty good at it. I have a great time visiting nurseries whenever I have the time and I generally find myself buying small, immature plants which I can grow into large plants. The Greenery in the Hampton Cove area is one of my favorites and I have found another, D&D Greenhouses, very near me on Oak Grove Road in New Hope. The selection is not large, but the plants are very interesting and very reasonably priced. Last weekend I picked up an extremely nice Oxalis hanging basket for $12.88. D&D also houses a small hardware section. Visit it if you get a chance. From south Huntsville take Hobbs Island Road toward New Hope and take a right on Oak Grove Road. D&D will be about 1/2 mile down on the right. From Monte Sano take highway 431 south to Hobbs Island Road and turn right on Hobbs Island Road and travel down to Oak Grove where you will take a left. There is a D&D sign prominent at this intersection.

I'll post some plant pictures soon!

No comments: