Highway 431 Blog

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Parker Griffith Out Of The Gate On The Wrong Foot!

So, Griffith, in one of his first official acts, votes against the Lily Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009. I can't say that I'm surprised and I was looking forward to this vote to see which side of pay equity he would come down on. That question has been answered and I have fired off an e-mail expressing my dismay, as one who volunteered some time to help get him elected, that he feels the contribution of women to our workforce is worth so little to him and, by reflection, the employers of north Alabama. Thankfully the act passed the house by a vote of 256-163 and will now move to the U.S. Senate. I look forward to some exploding heads in the republican ranks!

There is a good little discussion in comments over at Left in Alabama and I urge everyone to read the posts.

Contact information for Parker Griffith:

http://griffith.house.gov/

District Office
Parker Griffith 200 Pratt Avenue, N.E. Suite A
Huntsville, AL 35801
Phone: (256) 551-0190
Fax: (256) 551-0194

From reading the posts on LiA it seems that Griffith's local office is as clueless and stonewalling as Bud's office was. Let's hold their feet to the fire and let Parker Griffith know how we feel!

2 comments:

Tim Spires said...

Well I am glad that passed. And, as I also fear, Griffith might very well be a mistake. But at least Boswell-Guthrie has slithered back to the hole from which she came.

Tiffani Hill-Patterson said...

Thanks for the heads-up. I just sent Griffith a *nice* little e-mail. Thank goodness the bill passed in spite of those Alabama congressmen who voted against.