Highway 431 Blog

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away! ::

And don't come back for many more days!

Parts of the road I live on are experiencing a bit of flooding although nothing of consequence right now, but tomorrow morning could be another story given the amount of rain we have had today with the prospects for more overnight. I normally leave home at about 5:45am so it's pretty dark and I usually go a back way to Hobbs Island Road and there is a creek at the end of that road which did flood last time we had a rain such as this. I think I'll drive around tomorrow morning just to be safe.

In the meantime I'm thinking of stocking my backyard with bream so I can just fish off the back porch, or, for that matter, I could do the same in the front yard.

3 comments:

Tim Spires said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim Spires said...

I heard an interview with the writers of this(http://gaza-sderot.blogspot.com/) blog on NPR. I thought it might be of interest. It certainly has proven to be an excellent example of the power of peaceful thought and communication over violence and group differentiation. Perhaps not something to cheer you up on a rainy day though.

Fred said...

Yeah, I heard it also and really wished that they could have gotten in touch with Peaceman for his commentary!