Highway 431 Blog

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Parker Griffith's Response On Net Neutrality ::

I received this e-mail today from Griffith's office:

Thank you for taking the time to contact me with your concern. I welcome any opportunity to communicate with North Alabamians when I cannot be home and speak to constituents face to face.



In your message, you expressed your opinion on the concept of Net Neutrality. Like you, I recognize the powerful role the internet plays in our society and economy. Just recently, I signed on to a letter addressing broadband policy to Federal Communications Commission (FCC) Chairman Genachowski. You may be pleased to hear that in this letter I urged the FCC to reiterate, and not repudiate, its commitment to competition, private investment, and a restrained regulatory approach.



Like you, I believe in a transparent process and stand ready to work with both sides in Congress to ensure that we maintain a free and open environment for all Americans.


I have asked for a clarification on what Griffith considers to be "a restrained regulatory approach", and made the point that most of the world has much better and faster internet access at a lower cost. I eagerly await his response especially since so few of us are offered any sort of ISP competition.

No comments: