Highway 431 Blog

Friday, April 23, 2010

Outlet Mall Shopping ::

I was off work last Monday and the wife wanted to run down to Boaz to search for socks. For some reason she's very particular about her foot covering so I humored her and we took off, fighting the road construction from Albertville to Boaz. We hadn't been to the outlet stores in several years and guess what? They're almost all gone and virtually the entire outlet area is deserted. What used to be huge parking lots teeming with people were almost empty. I had heard reports that some stores were closing, but the scope was truly astounding and I believe that this occurred before the economy meltdown of the past couple of years.
As an aside, we did find one store that had some socks the wife bought after I convinced her to buy twice as many as she originally picked up, and she loves the new ones so hopefully we will not go on the great sock search for quite some time because I imagine that this little shop will be gone before long.

No comments: