Highway 431 Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Teh Crazies! ::

It being April 15th and all, I decided to drive by the post office on Governor's Drive just to see how big the tea party gathering was. As I approached and saw the parking lots and how full they were there was no doubt that this was an impressive sized crowd and, as it turns out, it was. I just drove by without stopping, but there were a lot of people assembled with stands from several of the far right politicians running for office and it looked like there was a speaker's stage set up. There was also a pretty impressive police presence. I saw at least 5 Huntsville police cars. I was hoping for some sort of counter protest, but I suppose that would have just brought more attention to teh crazies. Come to think of it, I never saw any tv trucks either. That surprises me.

I wish the progressives could command crowds like this!

No comments: