Highway 431 Blog

Friday, December 16, 2011

A Survey From Mo ::

I meant to post this a few days ago, but I got busy with other things and had to put it off. This is a survey I got in my in-box from Mo Brooks:



I know that I'll never hear from Brooks because I checked the "no" box and returned the survey. The tea partiers don't seem to understand, or care for that matter, that regulations are in place in order to protect real people from corporate greed. I don't understand those who seem to think that "the market" will self-police itself when a company produces an unsafe or dangerous product. Recent history is replete with companies supplying food products that have been tainted by the e-coli bacteria resulting in hospitalization and, in some cases, death. Chinese companies may have supplied drywall with properties that sickened people, but American distributors and retailers sold it until the outcry became too loud and they were forced to supply a safe product.

I am a firm supporter of increased regulation just as I am a disbeliever in the concept of a self regulating marketplace!

No comments: