Highway 431 Blog

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Bud Cramer On The Bailout ::

Bud seems to be silent on the issue and if he has anything up on his web site it is deeply hidden. I have sent him a couple of e-mails in the past 2 days expressing my opposition to a taxpayer funded $700B (which I feel is a low estimate of the final cost). Today I am hearing that some representatives are calling for a suspension of the capital gains tax. If a company is realizing capital gains then why would it need a government infusion of money?

I can see my comments to Bud getting stronger as each day passes and I must say that I'm heartened by Shelby's approach to this government theft!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also still haven't heard anything from Representative Cramer on this very important issue. I'll continue my one-way communication, anyway. Keep the pressure up on Senators Shelby and Sessions. After all, token resistance is no resistance at all in the end. I'm very concerned that atrocity will get railroaded through.

Anonymous said...

This article in last Saturday's Huntsville Times indicates that Cramer supports a bailout.

Troll said...

I emailed Cramer as well and have still not received a response from him OR his staff. Hopefully he has not just become sentient until he can transfer responsiblity to his successor!

Fred said...

I have to say that I have always gotten a response from Cramer's office although it is always in the form of a letter, never a reply to an e-mail, and it takes a while, but at least he responds. Shelby and Sessions almost never reply to me in any fashion!