Highway 431 Blog

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Surprises In The Election ::

Wow, I'm surprised at the margin of defeat that Shepard lost to Raby and that Davis lost to Sparks. I really thought these 2 races would at least have been much closer! I'm also surprised by how evenly split the vote was in the republican governor's race. That should be an interesting run-off. I still haven't seen any results from treasurer and AG.

Now I'm looking forward to the general in November. Let's hope that Sparks can run a better campaign for that than he did for the primary!

[update] I see that Sherer and Nicrosi were both handily defeated by wide margins. Looks like I'm batting 0% in the primary!

3 comments:

Tal said...

Nicrosi was a very qualified candidate, but did not have a lot of personality and couldn't raise enough money. It really is a shame she didn't do better.

Fred said...

It's too bad that the money element plays such a large part of an election, but I don't know how we'll ever find the where-with-all to change how we fund these elections.

Tal said...

Yeah, its not going to happen anytime soon. James Anderson or Giles Perkins will still be underdogs in the fall against someone who has never even practiced law, so we will really get to see how big of a role money plays in the general.