Highway 431 Blog

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Election Day ::

Time for voting in local elections. I've been watching this young guy, Jason Smith, running for mayor of New Hope. I've lived down here for about 15 months so I don't know much about the local politics, but this kid (he's pretty young, at least compared to me) seems to have heart. Yesterday evening I had to run J.to work and he was standing out by the road, in the pouring rain, campaigning.

Yep, Jason Smith in New Hope gets my endorsement for mayor!

Of course, I can't vote in Huntsville any more, but I will endorse Tommy Battle for the office. Maybe that would signal an end to the "good old boy" politics in Huntsville although I doubt it.

No matter what, get out and vote. I make it a point to vote in all elections no matter how trivial or inconsequential!

1 comment:

Tim Spires said...

I'm curious as to your feelings on Mayor Spencer. I guess I'm kind of biased because I know her on a very limited personal basis.