Highway 431 Blog

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Bad Evening To Be On The Road! ::

Normally every day I come home to New Hope via Hobbs Island Rd. which is a frightening road under most circumstances. This evening I got to my turn onto Oak Grove Rd. and could see all sorts of flashing blue, yellow, and red lights further up Hobbs Island. I got home, picked up J. to take her to work and there was another significant accident at Hobbs Island and Hwy. 431. We got up to the stop light at Owens Crossroads and on the little side road to the right an 18 wheeler was trying to make a turn and his load shifted. They had to bring in a crane and a big wrecker for that. I dropped off J. at work and at the foot of the mountain at Sutton Road I could see more flashing blue, yellow, and red lights. I don't know what was going on there and someone just a few minutes ago told me that there was a motorcycle accident somewhere this side of Monte Sano.

The police will be busy with reports tonight!

This leads me to an editorial comment! I cringe every time I see bicycle riders riding on Hobbs Island Rd. I have been driving this road for years having lived down at Honeycomb a few years ago. I try to drive the speed limit and be careful, but far to many people are impatient and pass where they shouldn't be thinking of passing. Speeding is a huge problem, not to mention the big trucks hauling sand from the river operation. This is just one hugely dangerous road and seeing bicycle riders on this road just scares the crap out of me!

[shaking my head over spam] Looks like even blogger is not immune to spam given the comment down below. My mantra: "There must be a special place in HELL for spammers!"

No comments: