Highway 431 Blog

Saturday, November 29, 2008

Decorating Cecil Ashburn Drive ::



Seems as though the city of Huntsville is playing Grinch this year regarding the short lived tradition of decorating the trees and bushes along Cecil Ashburn Drive although I did see one tree yesterday that was fully decorated. I loved driving over the mountain during the holiday season enjoying the eclectic decorations and I'm surprised by the vehemence of those who are opposed.

The above photograph was not taken during the Christmas season, but rather in August.

3 comments:

Tim Spires said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tim Spires said...

That is truly saddening. The Cecil Ashburn decorations were one of my favorite things about living in Hampton Cove.

Fred said...

The city says that it will enforce the ban on decorations, but I see that there are, in fact, some decorations along the way.