Highway 431 Blog

Saturday, November 15, 2008

Fixin' Some Turnip Greens ::

While running errands this morning I decided I needed some greens to cook this weekend so I went by this little barber shop off Clinton Avenue where the owner always has good fall greens. I got a huge bunch of Turnip greens for $4.50 and they're cooking right now. He didn't have any Mustard greens yet so I'll check back in a couple of weeks. Normally I cook half and half: half Turnip and half Mustard.

If anyone reading this wants to know where to find some good greens at a good price just go north on Clinton to Cemetery Street. Turn right and there is a little barber shop on the right and the owner sells the greens. I've been buying from here for a couple of years and have never been disappointed!

He also has sweet potatoes. I don't particularly like sweet potatoes so I haven't tried his, but I may stop back in next weekend to pick up a couple for a Thanksgiving pie.

As an aside, my birthday is on Thanksgiving day this year. I was born on Thanksgiving day 61 years ago! I think the whole family will be here for dinner and I look forward to seeing all of the grandkids at one time!

No comments: