Highway 431 Blog

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Voting On This Historic Day! ::

J. and I got to our polling place at the New Hope city hall this morning at about 6:45 am and there was already a nice line forming around the building. The poll opened at 7 am and the line moved nicely and we were out by 7:30am. I was very happy to see the turnout that early and I imagine that it evened out during the day. I drove by just about 20 minutes ago and there were still people inside waiting to vote.

I'm looking forward to the returns coming in this evening and, so far, I am encouraged about an Obama victory. I have no illusions about which way Alabama will break, but I sincerely hope that the margins are much narrower than projected.

On my way to work I drove by my old polling place in south Huntsville and the road was lined with cars which meant that the ample parking lot was full.

I am really looking forward to seeing the demographics in Huntsville and surrounding areas.

No comments: