Highway 431 Blog

Monday, January 21, 2008

Obama Headquarters In Huntsville ::

It's about time someone opened an office up here in north Alabama and thanks to Mooncat for the news.

Join the Movement

Please join Huntsville for Obama for the opening of the Huntsville Campaign Headquarters. Meet local Obama supporters and learn how you can get involved. Change can’t happen without you!

The event will be held at:
Brahan Spring Professional Village
2227 Drake Avenue
Suite #27
Huntsville, AL
on January 22, 2008 at 6:30 PM.


This timing should be good for me and I am going to try to make an appearance. I don't currently support Obama although my wife does and I think I will pick up some campaign swag for her!

When Obama made a quick appearance in Huntsville last year I was vocally critical of him for spending his time with the political and business elite while virtually ignoring the student community that is so important to Huntsville. In fact, I fired off an e-mail to the Obama campaign expressing my displeasure and, to their credit, I got a timely response addressing my specific complaint. I have to say that the Obama organization impressed me with this response and I will support him if he is the eventual nominee, but I'm leery of his positions on most issues and I keep hoping against hope that he will flesh out his policies.

No comments: