Highway 431 Blog

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Big Dog In Huntsville ::

From Thom in comments:

http://www.waff.com/global/story.asp?s=7799124

President Bill Clinton will speak at a fundraiser for Hillary Rodham Clinton in Huntsville.

The event will be Saturday morning, February 2, at the home of a local attorney Tommy Siniard.

The cost is $1,000 entry or $2,300 to be a "VIP Host," which includes a picture with the former President.


I have the same problem with Clinton's visit as I did with Obama's last year. The movers and shakers get some access for their money and there is little exposure left over for those without the price of admission.

I realize and appreciate the importance of money needed for campaign financing, no matter how obscene, but Huntsville is home to at least 3 major universities and the youth vote will be very important in this election and this segment of the voting population needs to be energized by each of the candidates!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Fred. I just discovered your site. I live in Hsv. and try to keep up with what's going on too. I am involved with some local groups and on email lists of others and wonder if you would like for me to share with you any of the info I receive and happenings I am aware of. Allison