Highway 431 Blog

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dealing With Plants In The Fall ::

Moving plants in the fall is always a dilemma for me. I will be taking some to work, but the larger ones sometime pose problems. A couple of years ago I gave a couple of Dracenas to a friend who has a music room with 10 foot ceilings as they were touching the top of my ceilings at home. Now they live in a very well lit room along with a parlor grand piano. The small Dracenas I have left are easily incorporated into my great room, but I'm curious to see what will happen with the Philodendron. I bought it about 3 years old as in a 4 or 6 inch pot for about $4. I take great pleasure in getting small inexpensive plants and growing them to maturity. I have a beautiful Amaryllis which I have been babying for probably 5 years and it is just now really becoming an interesting plant.

The 2 year old Boston Fern has been moved into the garage, but I'm not sure what to do with the Staghorn Ferns other than to put them into the garage for now. I have 3 which I have also grown, over a period of time, from very small plants. I may combine the 3 in moss next spring in one big hanger. Something to consider over the winter!

No comments: