Highway 431 Blog

Monday, October 20, 2008

Obama Yard Signs And Bumper Stickers ::

Yesterday afternoon I drove up to Hollywood and Stevenson chasing both light and pixels hoping to produce some new photographs. I found a bit of each and I also found some Obama signs in downtown Stevenson. I hadn't been up in that area for a long, long time. I was disappointed that downtown Scottsboro was less photogenic than I remembered, but I did get an image or two in Stevenson although I'm not particularly happy with them and I will have to go back when the light is better. Here is one I shot which I will have to look at some in judgment:



I'm struck by how much we speed by on 4 lane blacktops without slowing down to take the side trips where the really interesting scenes are found, but I have lost my train of thought and my original reason for this post.

I saw several Obama yard signs in Stevenson and the Democratic headquarters in Scottsboro was in a great location where traffic should be great. I had to stop at the Piggly Wiggly in New Hope this afternoon for a quick purchase and found a car, other than mine, with an Obama bumper sticker. I was heartened with 2 weeks left!


No comments: