Highway 431 Blog

Monday, October 13, 2008

An Endorsement For Jerry Craig ::

As if he needs my endorsement for re-election to his county commission post, but I met him personally for the first time this past weekend at the New Hope Founders Day celebration when I was working the Parker Griffith tent.

Every time I have e-mailed commissioner Craig or called his office he has gotten back in touch with me and, believe me, this is something I appreciate, but there is more to his community involvement than that. He had several tables set up and he was giving away free books. I am a firm believer in the power of being able to read and I was happy to see that the book selection was good for both adults and children and this was a popular area. I snagged a biography of F. Scott Fitzgerald, an anthology of English literature, and Dude, The Big Book of Zonker (I couldn't pass this one up).

One of the guys working the Griffith tent with me is a school teacher at Madison County High School in Gurley and he tells me that commissioner Craig regularly gets free books for the school system and for the students. I don't know how he does it, but I applaud his efforts to promote reading!

No comments: