Highway 431 Blog

Sunday, February 24, 2008

60 Minutes: The Siegelman Story: Tin Foil Hat Time ::

I had to run out for a while and knew that I would miss the first part of 60 minutes so I set the TiVo to record the entire program. Surprise, surprise, surprise: seems there was a technical glitch (so they say) with CBS programming out of New York. Yeah, right! Here is a blurb from WHNT's web site:

We apologize that you missed the first segment of 60 Minutes tonight featuring "The Prosecution of Don Siegelman."

It was a techincal problem with CBS out of New York. We are working with them right now to see if we can re-broadcast the segment.

Please be patient with us during this time. We are doing our best to correct the problem.


I'll be calling WHNT first thing tomorrow morning, but I imagine that if this program is rebroadcast then it will be very late at night with little, if any, publicity.

I just sent WHNT's programming department an e-mail urging a re-broadcast in prime time and I will follow up with a telephone call tomorrow morning. The number is: (256) 533-1919. Make your voice heard!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is a new "explanation" on WHNT.com this morning. They also replayed the entire piece during the 10:00 pm news Sunday night and have made it available on their website for viewing. Here's the link.

http://www.whnt.com/global/story.asp?s=7920045