Highway 431 Blog

Friday, February 15, 2008

International Space Station/Shuttle Viewing For Tonight ::

The two are linked and will be flying over North Alabama at 6:50PM.
They will approach from 10 degrees above the Northwest horizon and depart at 22 degrees over the North northeast horizon. The maximum elevation will be 81 degrees so it will be high in the sky. The maximum visibility duration is 3 minutes.

Look for a bright light moving really fast. Tomorrow and Sunday should also present good viewing opportunities and I will post that information later.

Go out and look for it if you can, especially if you live in an area that is not troubled by city lights.

[edit] I started working on something else and totally forgot about checking, but we're pretty overcast this evening and I doubt if there was any chance of my seeing the fly-by.

[further edit] I just noticed that I hammered the title of this post which I have belatedly corrected. I am generally obsessive about proofreading what I write, but I obviously fell down on the job with this post!

No comments: